Made of building grade gingerbread.
Gifting Season. Leave gifts at your friend's Gingerbread house and earn rewards!
The islanders find the magic Gingerbread House! This is the Christmas 2016 special event. You will need to collect goods to level up the Gingerbread House (in the same way as the Grand Pumpkin).
How to get
The Gingerbread House is available from Dec 15th 2016 and the event is scheduled to run until Jan 3rd 2017.
You can place the building kit on your island by dragging it in from the game's build menu (free).
Levelling Up and Rewards
To level up your house you must "feed" it with its favourite treats. The items are obtained from your mills using special recipes that are unlocked as you progress through the levels :
- At the start you get the recipe for the Coco-Nut Cracker (made at the Woodshop)
- When you reach level 2 you get the recipe for the Festive Sweater (made at the Island Outfitters)
- When you reach level 3 you get the recipe for the Seasonal Bauble (made at the Glassworks)
- When you reach level 4 you get the recipe for the Holly Earrings (made at the Jeweler)
- When you reach level 5 you ge the recipe for the Reindeer-in-a-Box (made at the Tinker)
The make times and heart rewards for these items are shown below :
|Item||Time to make||Reward gain/h|
|Coco-Nut Cracker||10 min||20||-|
|Seasonal Bauble||15 min||35||-|
|Festive Sweater||45 min||65||-|
|Holly Earrings||6 h||100||-|
There is also a special item available to buy at the Holiday Barge:
- The Gifts Galore costs 300 Holiday Cheer , and rewards 1000
Holiday Cheer is required to buy items at the Holiday Barge and is obtained :
- When another Trademaster drops a Generous Gift onto your Gingerbread House, 10 and 10
- When you drop a Generous Gift at another Trademaster's Gingerbread House, 100 and 75
- Sometimes by opening chests, watching Island TV (ads) or feeding pets
Each time you feed your Gingerbread House you will receive and rewards.
Each time you level up your Gingerbread House you will receive various rewards and decorations (see below) including Generous Gift to give to your fellow Trademasters.
Sharing Generous Gifts with other Trademasters
Help your fellow Trademasters by sharing your Generous Gift
- Visit their island
- Find their Gingerbread House
- Tap on it and drag a Generous Gift onto it
You can only give a Generous Gift to the same Trademaster every 6 hours.
Note: In your friends bar the Christmas Event Icon appears to the bottom-right of each avatar when you are able to give them a Generous Gift. Similar to seal dives, friends to whom you have given a Generous Gift within 6 hours or those that have not activated their Gingerbread House are moved to the end of the list, regardless of their game level.
After the Event
Your Gingerbread House will remain in place after the event ends (like the Grand Pumpkin).
You can "feed" your Gingerbread House with Vanilla to obtain rewards (which will depend on the relationship level reached at the end of the event).
The waiting time before being able to feed again is also dependent on the relationship level reached at the end of the event :
|Finish Level||Waiting Time|
|2||2 1/2 days|
|4||1 1/2 days|
|7 to 15||10 hours|